Tuesday, June 1, 2010

America

I love just about anything Americana. 
When I first moved here and got to hang out with my sister Candace, 
I quickly found out she had a thing for Americana stuff. 
You could say it rubbed off on me just a tad.... 
We were constantly on the lookout for all things that were
barn red's, soft steely navy blue's, cream or resembled twine. 
I love anything primitive and folk art-ish
and when we do our bazaar each year
there ends up being a bit of it in just about everything we do.

So this year I needed to add to my Patriotic Decor a bit
 and found some fabulous paper to help me out!
I'll be teaching these letters as a class down at Paper Cottage
on the 19th of June and if I'm ambitious enough
I'll actually head over and update my Etsy shop!:)

It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me
with the unexpected back surgery for
my Superman Father who
has a really hard time accepting help. 
He's used to doing everything for everyone else
and doesn't quite know what to do when he can't. 
But for me it's a pleasure and an honor to be able
to actually help he and my Mom out. 
Now if I can just get through
the last week of school and
Kindergarten graduation......

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful... I love it! I too, am a huge fan of the red - white and blue colors. I start decorating my house in those colors the first of May and don't take them down until the middle of September... thanks for sharing! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 'AMERICA' turned out so cute.

    About the 'big bachelor breakup', I didn't see that one coming...snicker, snicker.

    Thanks for stopping by, I alway love to hear from you.

    Hugs,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...